Advertising & Marketing - Social Media: Update on the legal and regulatory risks of influencer marketing
- 20 November 2019
- 9.00am - 10.30am (registration & breakfast from 8.30am)
- 5 Chancery Lane, Cliffords Inn, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Regulators in both the United Kingdom and United States are taking an increasingly close interest in the activities of influencers.
In this session, we’ll take stock of the recent developments and try to help you navigate a course between compliance and commercial success, focusing on issues including:
- The Competition and Markets Authority investigation into influencers
- It’s not just about disclosures: Claim substantiation, testimonials and restricted sectors
- Lessons learned from the Federal Trade Commission’s enforcement action
- Platform tools – are they the answer?
Advertising & Marketing Group’s 2019 seminar series is for both advertising and marketing agencies and brand owners, the series also includes sessions on
- Gender Pay Gap Reporting: Has it done any good? And will ethnicity pay reporting follow?
- Mental Health: What should agencies do to protect the mental well-being of employees?
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Somewhere over the rainbow…may be your future
- Data & Privacy: Is increased privacy regulation killing targeted advertising?