I am an Australian qualified Associate in the Employment and Data and Privacy practices.
Data Protection and Privacy
I am a member of the Ius Laboris Data Privacy Expert Group. Specifically my experience includes:
- Drafting GDPR compliant employment documentation including workplace privacy notices, data protection policies and data breach notification protocols.
- Reviewing HR supplier/vendor contracts for GDPR compliance.
- Managing multi-jurisdiction data protection projects.
- Conducting GDPR training at an executive level for US and UK based companies.
Having practiced employment law extensively in Australia, I have experience in advocacy in Australian courts and tribunals, employment advisory in corporate transactions and day-to-day HR advisory. I also have experience defending employers in workplace health and safety prosecutions, union right of entry disputes and in employment discrimination claims.
My employment law experience includes:
- Drafting employment contracts including C-level contracts, employment policies and collective agreements.
- Acting for employers in enforcing the terms of employment contracts against former employees including instructing and working closely with senior counsel, taking affidavits and drafting court documents, providing ongoing strategic advice to clients and ultimately negotiating and documenting the terms of settlement.
- After initial enquiries were made by a regulator, advising a cleaning contractor company on employment compliance issues including contractor/employee issues, employee benefits, superannuation and taxation obligations.
- Defending unfair and unlawful dismissal applications in the employment tribunal and courts, including appearing before the full-bench of the Australian employment tribunal.
- Advising a national client on transfer of business issues arising out of its proposed multi-million dollar acquisition of a logistics group. The complex transaction combined both share sale and asset sale elements, with each component of the sale affecting employees differently.