My legal practice focuses on commercial and civil litigation, dispute resolution and employment law.
I handle a wide range of contentious matters including shareholders/ directors disputes, employment disputes, contractual claims, debt recovery and civil fraud. I also have experience in advising clients on non-contentious employment, private client and general commercial matters.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- I have acted for shareholders in complex shareholder dispute involving derivative action, claims against directors for breach of duties, just and equitable winding up petition, and application for inspection of companies records and documents under section 740 of the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 622).
- I have experience in pursuing and defending claims for civil fraud as well as in asset recovery, such as obtaining injunctive relief, freezing and tracing assets, and enforcing judgements.
- I have assisted clients in debt recovery cases, and I am familiar with different modes of enforcement including charging order proceedings, garnishee proceedings, mortgagee actions, and insolvency proceedings.
- I have advised employers and employees on different employment claims relating to wrongful dismissal, late or non-payment of wages, breach of contract, and employee misconduct.
- I have advised employers and employees on provisions in the Employment Ordinance (Cap. 57), and on general employment matters such as enforceability of contractual terms, termination of employment, protection of trade secrets and confidential information, entitlements upon termination, leave entitlements, and renumeration.
- I have assisted clients in preparing employment documents such as contracts, internal policies and guidelines.