I am a senior employment and health & safety lawyer based in our London office.
I have a wide employment and health & safety law practice. My particular specialism is advising employers on collective employment law and industrial relations. This reflects my interest in this field after previously working as a shop steward in the nuclear industry before training as a lawyer and working for a firm representing trade unions.
My practice often involves me advising on business restructurings, outsourcings, trade union recognition, trade disputes and industrial action, as well as health & safety matters. My clients include ones in the energy, manufacturing, aviation, telecommunications and tech sectors. Examples of my work include:
- winning a High Court injunction to stop industrial action
- successfully defending an application to the Central Arbitration Committee for statutory trade union recognition
- successfully securing the withdrawal of an application to the Central Arbitration Committee for the disclosure of information for collective bargaining
- successfully defending a complaint to the Central Arbitration Committee concerning alleged insufficient information and consultation
- advising on trade union recognition arrangements
- advising on engaging with a recognised trade union in the context of a manufacturer closing its UK operations
- advising on industrial action in the context of a manufacturer’s closure of its final salary pension scheme
- advising on the establishment of standing bodies for information and consultation at both a national and a European level