I am an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team, specialising in Intellectual Property disputes.
I advise on the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights including: copyright, trade marks; registered and unregistered design rights; and passing off. I have acted for clients across a broad range of industries, with a particular focus on advertising & marketing, retail, hospitality and leisure sectors.
I primarily advise on contentious matters and have experience of the following:
- I have acted for clients in the High Court, including the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court, as well as before the UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO.
- I have also assisted clients with international mediation.
- Online brand enforcement: brand monitoring and takedowns across multiple platforms; domain name ownership and disputes.
- Company Names Tribunal action.
- Obtaining beneficial settlement solutions at all stages of disputes.
I also regularly carry out non-contentious work including: advertising and product clearance as well as working closely with our trade mark team for global TM portfolio management.
I have a particular interest in sustainability and have worked closely with The Chancery Lane Project to ensure that Lewis Silkin can offer clients meaningful solutions to reach ambitious climate goals across all of our practice areas.