A great deal of my time is spent advising on restrictive covenants, team moves, confidential information, high value breach of contract claims and arbitrations, but I advise on all aspects of employment law.
I am also a CEDR qualified mediator. Many of my clients are in the financial or professional services sectors. Whilst I advise on a full spectrum of workplace issues, a great deal of my time is spent on team moves, confidential information, restrictive covenants and high value breach of contract and whistleblowing claims. Described as “one of the best High Court litigators” in Legal 500 and “one of the best in the business at injunctive work – very few solicitors have greater experience than him and strategically he is great” in Chambers & Partners.
I have a particular interest in employee competition issues both in the High Court and arbitration, often advising on complex disputes spanning various jurisdictions. I am also a trained mediator. As a fluent Spanish and Italian speaker, my work has an international element often working on multi-jurisdictional projects. I regularly advise partnerships and LLPs on the specific duties owed by their partners and members as well as in relation to directors’ duties.
I act for clients in the following sectors:
- Financial services:Hedge Funds, banks, brokers, insurance intermediaries and HFT Firms
- Professional services:law firms, actuaries and accountants
- Retail: UK, Spanish and Italian household name retail clients
Watch our recent webinar on Post termination restrictions in the UK: key principles and recent developments.
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers 2023 (Employment: Employer – London (Firms) AND Employment: Senior Executive – London (Firms)) "He is brilliant strategically." "Toni has seen it all and done it all. He's just got the instinct and knows how things are going to go. He is also very calm, unflappable and great to work with."
- Legal 500 2023 (Employment: Employers) ‘Standout‘ litigator ‘Toni Lorenzo is the stand out partner among many excellent ones. At home in both the Tribunal and High Court litigation. He is a top choice for the most high profile cases’.
- Who's Who Legal 2022 - 'Toni Lorenzo is a highly regarded practitioner with "impressive knowledge" on work-place matters and complex disputes'
- Leading individual in Legal 500 2022 (Employment)
- Legal 500 2022 - ‘Master of High Court employment litigation and of whistle-blowing claims’
- Chambers 2022 (Employment) - 'He is an absolute master of strategy'
- Chambers 2022 (Employment) - 'He's seen and done it all. He's really sensible commercially, he's very good at getting the client to where they need to be, and he gives very sound and sensible advice'
- Chambers 2021 (Employment: Employer) - "He is an excellent employment lawyer who you want in your corner in the event an employment matter becomes litigious"
- Chambers 2021 (Employment: Employer) - "He is a go-to person for team move litigation - there's nobody better in the City"
- Chambers Global 2021 - ‘He is probably the foremost commercial litigator in the employment world; he is absolutely brilliant’
- Legal 500 2021 (Employment: Senior Executive) - "Toni Lorenzo is amongst the very best for High Court litigation"
- Legal 500 2021 (Employment: Senior Executive) - "Toni Lorenzo is the High Court supremo.. Toni has unrivalled knowledge of the employee competition field, and superb tactical nous. he can pull off running a big case at great speed keeping all the plates spinning"
- Who's Who Legal Global Leader - Labour & Employment (England) 2021
- Who's Who Legal Global Elite: Employment and Labour 2020 - Toni Lorenzo is a “tremendously impressive litigator” who excels at handling contract disputes and whistleblowing claims
- Legal 500 2020 - Toni Lorenzo and team provide a very high-quality and pragmatic service to us. Lewis Silkin's strength and depth in employment law is longstanding.
- Legal 500 2020 - Toni Lorenzo and Mike Anderson are supremely experienced, commercial, and excel at cases involving urgent applications for injunctive relief, or employee competition litigation
- Legal 500 2020 - Toni Lorenzo is exceptionally proactive and energetic, fearless, gets great results for clients.
- Recognised in WWL: Thought Leaders - Global Elite 2020: an "impressive" lawyer who is "excellent for employment litigation", providing "highly effective, hands-on advice and representation for the most demanding commercial clients", according to sources. He also won plaudits for his "Rolls-Royce service" and as a "formidable opponent who drives forward and gets results".