A great deal of my time is spent advising on restrictive covenants, team moves, confidential information, high value breach of contract claims and arbitrations, but I advise on all aspects of employment law.
I am also a CEDR qualified mediator. Many of my clients are in the financial or professional services sectors. Whilst I advise on a full spectrum of workplace issues, a great deal of my time is spent on team moves, confidential information, restrictive covenants and high value breach of contract and whistleblowing claims. Described as “one of the best High Court litigators” in Legal 500 and “one of the best in the business at injunctive work – very few solicitors have greater experience than him and strategically he is great” in Chambers & Partners.
I have a particular interest in employee competition issues both in the High Court and arbitration, often advising on complex disputes spanning various jurisdictions. I am also a trained mediator. As a fluent Spanish and Italian speaker, my work has an international element often working on multi-jurisdictional projects. I regularly advise partnerships and LLPs on the specific duties owed by their partners and members as well as in relation to directors’ duties.
I act for clients in the following sectors:
- Financial services:Hedge Funds, banks, brokers, insurance intermediaries and HFT Firms
- Professional services:law firms, actuaries and accountants
- Retail: UK, Spanish and Italian household name retail clients
Watch our recent webinar on Post termination restrictions in the UK: key principles and recent developments.
Awards and Recognition
- Who's Who Legal Global Elite: Employment and Labour 2020 - Toni Lorenzo is a “tremendously impressive litigator” who excels at handling contract disputes and whistleblowing claims.
- Legal 500 2020 - Toni Lorenzo and team provide a very high-quality and pragmatic service to us. Lewis Silkin's strength and depth in employment law is longstanding.
- Legal 500 2020 - Toni Lorenzo and Mike Anderson are supremely experienced, commercial, and excel at cases involving urgent applications for injunctive relief, or employee competition litigation
- Legal 500 2020 - Toni Lorenzo is exceptionally proactive and energetic, fearless, gets great results for clients.
- Recognised in WWL: Thought Leaders - Global Elite 2020: an "impressive" lawyer who is "excellent for employment litigation", providing "highly effective, hands-on advice and representation for the most demanding commercial clients", according to sources. He also won plaudits for his "Rolls-Royce service" and as a "formidable opponent who drives forward and gets results".
- Chambers 2019 - an absolutely superb lawyer who is really practical, offers very good judgement and is an excellent litigator
- Chambers 2019 Ranked - Employment: Employer - London (Firms)
- Chambers 2019 - Toni Lorenzo has "fantastic awareness, is all over the facts and the law, and is an extremely well-informed strategist."
- Legal 500 2019: Master tactician
- Legal 500 2018 - Other key names include 'outstanding practitioner' and litigator Toni Lorenzo.
- Recommended in Who’s Who Legal 2020 England
- Who's Who Legal 2018: a 'top-class' lawyer who is 'excellent, particularly in restrictive covenant and confidential information cases'.
- Chambers 2018 - described by sources as an "injunction supremo," and is considered to be "an excellent and master practitioner" in such cases.
- Who's Who Legal 2017 - The “first-class” Toni Lorenzo acts on team moves, restrictive covenants and high-value breaches of contract where he is widely respected as “an excellent lawyer”. He is particularly well known for his litigation work, with interviewees calling him “a great High Court lawyer”.
- Legal 500 2017 - Toni Lorenzo is ‘a real player in the market'
- Chambers 2017 - Ranked - London (Firms), Employment: Employer
- Chambers 2017 - Toni Lorenzo is recognised as "one of the best in the business at injunctive work - very few solicitors have greater experience than him and strategically he is great." He is a highly skilled litigator who often defends employers in restrictive covenant, discrimination and whistle-blowing matters.