I am a Partner in the Employment, Immigration and Reward division based in the Dublin office.
Having spent many years on the employment team of one of Dublin’s leading law firms, I have expertise in a wide range of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious. I also have a lot of experience in advising on employment issues arising in commercial transactions, along with health and safety in employment.
I hold a Bachelor of Civil Law from University College Dublin, a Diploma in Business Studies from LSB College, a Diploma in Employment Law and a Certificate in Pension Law and Practice from the Law Society of Ireland. I am a member of the Employment Law Association of Ireland, the Employment Law Association in the UK, and the European Employment Lawyers Association as well as a member of the Employment Law Committee of the Law Society of Ireland.
I am consistently ranked in the Chambers Europe legal directory, where I’m described by a client as "responsive, proactive and pragmatic, as well as solution-oriented."
I have over sixteen years’ experience advising on both contentious and non-contentious employment law issues including internal grievance and disciplinary procedures, claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and other employment law claims. I also advise international clients establishing in Ireland – including contracts of employment, handbooks policies and procedures. Also internal commercial re-organisations, transfer of undertakings, employment issues and the employment provisions in commercial transactions and have also represented clients in all adjudicatory bodies in Ireland including Workplace Relations Commission, the Labour Court, the Circuit and High Courts.
I regularly provide internal training for clients and their management teams and present and tutor within the Law Society of Ireland.
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers Europe 2023 (Ireland) "She has a gift for finding innovative solutions to complex HR-related problems and does this with ease."
- Legal 500 2022 - 'Siobhra Rush is excellent and has a wealth of experience to draw upon. She has a very commercial and pragmatic approach to issues. Excellent litigator'
- Legal 500 2022 - 'Siobhra Rush is available when there are urgent matters and time is of the essence. She helps us with blind-spots we may have in our business and has been a valuable partner to help in training HR teams and operational teams'
- Legal 500 2022 - 'She has a gift for finding innovative solutions to complex HR-related problems and does this with ease'
- Who's Who Legal 2022 - 'Peers applaud Síobhra Rush for her "wealth of knowledge and experience" in employment law matters spanning contentious and non-contentious issues'
- Who's Who Legal Global Leader - Labour & Employment (Ireland) 2021
- Chambers Europe 2019 - as "Responsive, proactive and pragmatic, as well as solution-oriented."
- Recommended in Who’s Who Legal 2020 Ireland