My work concerns the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights (including trade marks, copyright, patents, designs and confidential information) and technology disputes including pre-termination strategies and arbitration.
I am recognised as a leading expert in my field by all leading legal directories and have been appointed to the Nominet expert panel for the determination of domain name disputes.
My work concerns the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights (including trade marks, copyright, patents, designs and confidential information) in all forums and with extensive experience of cross-jurisdictional issues. I act for clients in many different sectors including the retail, manufacturing, engineering, media, financial and technology sectors.
Notable cases that I have been involved in include:
- Cala v McAlpine
- Stoddard v William Lomas
- Coward v Phaestos
- Philips v Remington
- Gerber v Gerber
- Reckitt Benckiser v Home Pairfum
- Lush v Amazon
- Enterprise v Europcar
- Jack Wills v House of Fraser
- Hellermantyton v Tyco
- Collingwood v Aurora.
Trade Marks and Portfolio Management
I am recognised as a leading expert in the field of trade marks by all leading legal directories including Managing Intellectual Property ‘IP Stars’, Super Lawyers and World IP Review Leaders. Chambers and Partners ranks me as a leading individual in Intellectual Property and says “Simon Chapman is, according to sources, "one of the leading trade mark lawyers in London," and specialises in complex, high-stakes litigation. He is praised for his "deep intelligence," his "very good tactical judgement" and his rapport with clients.”
Notable trade mark cases that I have been involved in include: Philips v Remington; Gerber v Gerber; Reckitt Benckiser v Home Pairfum; Lush v Amazon; Enterprise v Europcar and Jack Wills v House of Fraser.
Retail, Hospitality and Leisure
I am recognised as an expert in the field of Intellectual Property by all leading legal directories including Managing Intellectual Property ‘IP Stars’, Super Lawyers and World IP Review Leaders which says “Master tactician” Simon Chapman is the man to speak to about infringements: “He can fix the biggest problems and is exceptionally capable.”
I work for a number of prominent retailers and has been involved in notable cases including Lush v Amazon; Enterprise v Europcar and Jack Wills v House of Fraser.
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers 2019 Ranked - Intellectual Property - London (Firms)
- Chambers 2019 - "He is a tenacious litigator who takes no prisoners, fights for the right result for his client while at the same time maintaining a commercial perspective."
- The World's Leading Trademark Professionals 2018 - Simon Chapman “provides sound and creative counsel, and does a terrific job defining the pros and cons of different actions”. When you follow his advice, you can achieve great results in litigation, opposition and cancellation proceedings – he can be recommended unconditionally.”
- Legal 500 2018 - A key name to note is head of the dispute resolution practice, Simon Chapman, who is described as having 'a great sixth sense in litigation'.
- Chambers 2017 - Ranked - London (Firms), Intellectual Property
- Simon Chapman is "very commercial and an expert in his field," according to various sources. He is sought after for trade mark infringement disputes, and has featured in a number of the most high-profile cases of recent years.