I advise companies, LLPs and senior executives on all aspects of employment and partnership law.
The bulk of my work is focused on the financial and professional services sectors. I support my clients on all issues arising in the workplace. This can range from negotiating complex contracts to defending high-value claims in the Employment Tribunal.
I am particularly interested in High Court litigation and arbitrations. I frequently advise on restrictive covenants, confidential information, bonus claims and team moves, often with elements spanning several jurisdictions. I have worked on a number of the team’s biggest cases over the years. This has included successfully defending a Hedge Fund against a claim worth in excess of $200 million and securing a multi-million pound settlement for a whistleblower at the doors of the Tribunal. I am a member of the Employment Lawyers Association, sitting on its Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution Working Group.
Watch our recent webinar on Post termination restrictions in the UK: key principles and recent developments.
I act for a number of financial services clients including Hedge Funds, banks, brokers, insurance intermediaries and HFT firms. My work covers the full range of contentious and non-contentious employment and partnership advice. My experience includes:
Acting for an international Hedge Fund on all its UK litigation including high-value arbitrations. I also support this client with day-to-day employment, partnership and related regulatory advice
Advising a leading brokerage firm, including strategic support on all senior hires and terminations
Representing senior executives in complex negotiations, together with Tribunal and High Court litigation
Obtaining various injunctions to protect my clients’ interests
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers 2023 (Employment: Employer – London (Firms) "Michael is hugely committed, he really thinks hard about his cases and is totally engaged and hands-on. He is also smart and really good with clients."
- Legal 500 2023 (Employment: Employers) ‘Michael Anderson is one of the most skilled and impressive lawyers specialising in commercial employment litigation both in the High Court and in arbitration. Michael is probably involved in more cases than entire departments at other firms.’
- Legal 500 2022 - Michael Anderson attracts plaudits as a ‘behemoth of High Court employment litigation’
- Chambers 2022 (Employment) - 'He is very smart, very solutions-focused and very strategic in his approach'
- Chambers 2022 (Employment) - 'Michael Anderson is really good at strategy, he is tactically astute and he is great to work with'
- Chambers 2021 (Employment: Employer) - "He has an impressive attention to detail"
- Chambers 2021 (Employment: Employer) - "He is very bright and good at working in fast-paced litigation"
- Legal 500 2021 (Employment: Employers) - "Michael Anderson – all over the detail, a real thinker, great strategist"
- Legal 500 2021 (Employment: Senior Executives) - "Mike Anderson is a great lawyer and a tireless litigator. He is a delightful person to work with, and a superb collaborator.’
- Who's Who Legal Global Leader - Labour & Employment (England) 2021
- Legal 500 2020 - Mike Anderson - A great strategist. Dynamic. Really fights for his clients
- Legal 500 2020 - Toni Lorenzo and Mike Anderson are supremely experienced, commercial, and excel at cases involving urgent applications for injunctive relief, or employee competition litigation