I am a Senior Associate in Lewis Silkin’s Dispute Resolution team, specialising in Intellectual Property and Media litigation.
I act for a wide range of clients including those in the fashion, retail, technology, publishing and entertainment industries. I have also acted in international human rights cases including before the United Nations.
I am a member of IPSoc and the London Young Lawyers Group.
Brands & Intellectual Property
- I advise clients in defending and exploiting their IP rights including, trade marks, design rights, copyrights and confidential information.
- I act for clients enforcing their IP rights in cases for trade mark infringement and invalidity including before the EUIPO.
- I have advised clients on a number of passing off, design rights and copy right infringement cases regarding all formats of works.
- I act for clients at all stages of the litigation process including the initial proceedings, at mediation and appeals to the Supreme Court.
- I have advised clients on cross-border litigation involving copyright infringement.
- I have advised clients on domain name ownership and disputes.
Media & Entertainment
- I have acted for clients in defamation claims.
- I have acted for clients on injunction applications at short notice on sensitive matters.
- I act for clients in relation to removal of online content due to defamatory or copyright issues.
- Legal 500 2023 (Intellectual property: Trade Marks, Copyright and Design) ‘It has been a pleasure to work with Lucinda Murphy in particular and have her ongoing support.’
- Legal 500 2023 (Reputation Management) ‘Lucinda Murphy has an excellent knowledge of the law within reputation management issues and combines this with fast, responsive communication and diligent attention to the wider commercial and personal issues. She is always calm, friendly and enthusiastic even under pressure. She is tuned in to our business and a pleasure to work with, along with the rest of the reliable and dedicated Lewis Silkin team.’ ‘Lucinda Murphy is incredibly experienced and a leading associate in the reputational management team at Lewis Silkin. She provided calm and commercial advice on complex matters. Lucinda is a ray of sunshine.’