I am an experienced dispute resolution lawyer with a particular focus on the Sport Sector.
I joined Lewis Silkin in 2018 as a Senior Associate from Shoosmiths LLP where I specialised in commercial litigation and sports law.
I was awarded a Bachelor of Laws degree from Oxford Brookes University in 2007 and I qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2011 after completing the Legal Practice Course at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice.
As a dispute resolution lawyer, I have considerable experience of dealing with high value and complex commercial litigation in court proceedings as well as all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
I have particular expertise in breach of contract claims, shareholder disputes, insolvency issues and negligence claims.
My clients in the sport sector include clubs, intermediaries and athletes and I provide advice in relation to a wide range of matters including:
- Disputes in the civil courts as well as sport specific arbitration tribunals such as the Court of Arbitration for Sport and FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber;
- Regulatory compliance at both a national and international level; and
- Disciplinary proceedings for sanctions such as regulation breaches and misconduct.
My recent experience in the sport sector includes:
- Representing an international footballer in proceedings at the Court of Arbitration for Sport;
- Advising a leading premier league football player in connection with the termination of an endorsement contract;
- Acting for a well-known football intermediary organisation in a FA Rule K arbitration;
- Advising a high profile manager on his appointment at a top flight football club;
- Acting for a client in the motorsport sector in relation to injunction and damages proceedings in the High Court worth in excess £20 million; and
- Advising a renowned sports club in relation to a high profile dispute against the sport’s governing body.
I write regular articles on sports law and provide updates on Twitter (@fc_legal). I am also a member of the British Association for Sport and Law, Sport Resolutions’ Pro Bono Legal Advice List and the appeals committee of the International Powerlifting Federation.