I am a Managing Associate in our Dispute Resolution practice group and specialise in commercial disputes. I have extensive experience in advising in high value and complex commercial litigation, often with an international dimension.
I act for clients across a range of sectors including in professional services, technology, retail and finance.
I provide clients with strategic advice to resolve disputes and to get cost-effective results, whether by negotiation, alternative dispute resolution methods or litigation/arbitration. I regularly advise and act on breach of contract disputes, post-transaction breach of warranty/indemnity claims, company disputes (including boardroom disputes, claims against directors and claims by minority shareholders), civil fraud and professional negligence claims.
I am a member of the London Solicitor Litigation Association and the Commercial Litigation Association. I am also a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
I have experience across the various divisions of the High Court and have acted on a number of cases at Court of Appeal level. I have also acted on a number of international arbitrations.
Recent cases include:
- Advising office holders in a $1.5 billion cross-border claim involving allegations of conspiracy to injure
- Acting on a shareholder and director dispute over the control of a digital media agency
- Defending a well-known online property listings group in related actions involving claims of breach of contract, negligence and causing loss by unlawful means
- Defending three former directors of a large food business against multi-million pound breach of duty claims
- Acting for an Indian analytics developer in proceedings for consideration due under the terms of a Sale Purchase Agreement in respect of the sale of a subsidiary to a UK purchaser
- Defending an Italian insurance broker in multi-million Euro trust proceedings in the Commercial Court and Court of Appeal
I am a member of both our Professional Services sector group and our Investigations group. I regularly act for professional services partnerships and LLPs, in particular, other law firms. I am often instructed to carry out confidential internal investigations in respect of regulatory issues for such clients.
I regularly act in contentious insolvency matters, including unlawful distribution, antecedent transaction, misfeasance, wrongful trading and ROT/lien claims.
Awards and Recognition
- Legal 500 2022 (Commercial litigation: Mid-market) - ‘Managing associate Fraser McKeating is superb – one to watch and he will be a partner in no time‘
- Legal 500 2020 – “Rising Star” Commercial Litigation: Mid-Market – London, “The managing associate to note”
- Legal 500 2019 – “Rising Star” Commercial Litigation – London
- Legal 500 2018 - Fraser McKeating is 'one to watch'.