I joined Lewis Silkin as a Partner in April 2006 after over a decade as in-house counsel in the music and broadcast industry and founded our market-leading Media & Entertainment group.
I have the privilege to act for some of the world’s largest names in mobile, brands, recorded music, mobile, live music, radio, audio-visual production and online.
I am named by both the Legal 500 and Chambers as a Leader in my field.
Brands & Intellectual Property
I specialise in working with clients whom are embracing content-based entertainment and technology for the first time such as FMCG and lifestyle brand owners, advertising agencies, digital agencies, investment funds and financial institutions. I have a passion for working on innovative new business models and in relation to the monetisation of rights.
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers 2023 (Media & Entertainment: Advertising & Marketing – UK–wide) "Cliff Fluet is always helpful and generous with his time. He has great industry expertise which gives great confidence in his advice." "Clearly a master of his subject matter."
- Chambers 2022 (Media & Entertainment) - ‘Cliff is very strategic, very clever, insightful and brings a great depth of experience to deals'
- Chambers 2022 (Media & Entertainment) - ‘He thinks like a client in the music industry because he's so immersed in it'
- Legal 500 2022 (Media and entertainment (including media finance)) - ‘Cliff Fluet is a great listener who understands the nuances of a particular situation, as well the role of the individuals involved in any particular dealing, and will often appreciate and understand the parties’ motivations that ultimately drive decision making’
- Chambers 2019 Ranked: Media & Entertainment: Music – Non-contentious (UK wide)