I qualified in 2010 and spent several years in private practice at two large city law firms. During this time I went on two secondments with key clients – one a global bank and the other one of the UK’s largest retailers.
I then moved in house in 2017 and spent 3 years in the employment and litigation team of a fast-growing tech company in the food delivery space.
I advise on a wide range of contentious, non-contentious and advisory employment law matters.
- I have managed employment tribunal litigation in the UK and several other jurisdictions across EMEA and APAC, working closely with external counsel.
- I have particular expertise in defending employment status claims, which I have done successfully in the UK and multiple jurisdictions across EMEA and APAC.
- I advise on large scale restructuring and redundancy and have co-ordinated such projects across multiple jurisdictions.
- I advise on the employment law aspects of corporate transactions, including TUPE.
- I advise senior management in respect of senior exits and related negotiations.
- I have worked closely with HR teams in the UK and other jurisdictions to advise on everyday employment issues, including policies, grievance and disciplinary processes, performance management, redundancy, family leave, employment contracts, consultancy agreements and settlement agreements.
- I also provide training to HR teams and managers in respect of key employment law issues and relevant developments.
I joined Lewis Silkin In House in 2020 as a Senior Lawyer and am currently seconded to a tech company in the property rental sector.