Up & Coming HR Academy - Partnerships in Practice
- 22 July 2020
- Wednesday 8 July 10.00am - 11.00am & Wednesday 15 July 2.00pm - 3.00pm & Wednesday 22 July 2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Online via Webex (details to be sent in advance of the session)
Submit your details to request event materials
Join us for a series of online sessions on 8, 15 and 22 July 2020 where we will discuss the operation of law firm partnerships, and how they are addressing current events.
This series of three presentations aimed at aspiring HR professionals in the legal sector, will provide an introduction to the structure of partnerships before focusing on the issues partnerships are facing in the current climate.
Following an introductory “Partnerships 101” session, we will turn to look at Covid-19 issues in our second session, including how law firms have responded to lockdown, proposals for returning to the office, and potential longer term changes to the way law firms work. In our third session, we will discuss how law firms can approach investigations when employees raise concerns, against the backdrop of Covid-19 and taking into account recent changes to anti-harassment guidance.
The sessions will take place as follows:
- 8 July 2020: 10.00am - 11.00am
- Partnerships 101: demystifying the language of partnerships and how they work
- 15 July 2020: 2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Law firms' response to Covid-19: how law firm partnerships are addressing Covid-19 challenges; proposals for next steps and permanent changes to the law firm landscape
- 22 July 2020: 2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Investigations in the partnership context: conducting remote investigations in the climate of Covid-19; particular considerations for law firms conducting sensitive investigations; the legacy of #metoo and issues arising from the Black Lives Matter movement.
We will be providing our thoughts on these issues and welcome you to share your views too. If there are particular questions you would like us to address, please email us these in advance.