Online Immigration Law Academy: 23 and 24 November 2020 - Fully Booked
- 24 November 2020
- Monday 23rd November (2pm to 4pm) and Tuesday 24th November (10am to 12.30 pm)
- Online (details to join will be circulated in advance of the sessions)
- Entry: £295+VAT per delegate
Submit your details to request event materials
With the end of free movement and the roll-out of the new immigration system now imminent, timely training and connecting with peers will help HR teams to approach 2021 with confidence. We are pleased to share with you the November 2020 dates for our popular Immigration Law Academy. This will be delivered online via Webex as a set of two sessions.
Although our November academy is fully booked, we have plenty of spaces available at our next academy taking place on 25 and 26 January 2021. Click here for registration and more details.
Designed for junior and mid-level HR professionals, the course will cover the key immigration law topics of Brexit and preparing for the end of the transition period, sponsoring skilled workers and preventing illegal working, as well as ensuring you are up to speed on the Home Office’s COVID-19 immigration guidance. Alongside helping attendees to develop their skills in these areas, it also serves as a useful tool to upskill members of the team who are involved in visa work.
Delivered in a practical and engaging way by lawyers from our immigration team, our courses use real-life examples and case studies to really bring the issues to life. Although delivered online, our Immigration Law Academy is as interactive as ever and will ensure you benefit from being able to ask the questions you want of our experts.
In order to make the sessions suitable for a home working environment, we will be running the Academy as two separate 2 hour sessions on 23rd November from 2pm to 4pm and 24th November from 10am to 12.30pm.
Course outline for 23rd November session
- Overview of immigration categories that allow working
- Points based system (PBS) and sponsorship
- Deep dive into the new Skilled Worker and Intra-Company Transfer categories
- Overview of changes to the arrangements for sponsor licence holders
Course outline for 24th November session
- Guidance on how to deal with the immigration implications of COVID-19 for sponsors and applicants
- Advice on how to carry out right to work checks including online right to work checks
- A review of EU Settlement Scheme for EU nationals
- An update on Brexit and where things stand on implementing the post-Brexit immigration system