Misrepresentation: the truth, the half-truth and anything but the truth
- 19 September 2019
- 09.00am until 10.15am (Registration & breakfast from 08:30am)
- Lewis Silkin LLP, 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
We would like to invite you to our next seminar on Thursday, 19 September 2019. We will be discussing the litigation risks associated with pre-contract statements.
When negotiating a deal counterparties often exchange pre-contract statements and promises. Sometimes those statements and promises turn out to be wrong. Exaggerations, mistaken beliefs, misleading opinions as well as statements made recklessly might result in an aggrieved counterparty seeking redress.
In this seminar Andrew Wanambwa and Frances Simm will explore the legal risks associated with pre-contract statements, the types of claims that can be made when things go wrong and the different remedies available in each type of claim. We will look at recent case law and cover:
- The causes of action
- Differences between negligent misrepresentation and mis-statement
- Remedies, including damages and rescission
- The effectiveness of risk management clauses (entire agreement, non-reliance and limitation of liability)
- A short case study
- Practical risk management tips
This event is aimed at in-house lawyers, contract managers and others who are involved in avoiding or handling contractual risk.
The event is free, but places are limited. If you or a colleague would like to register your interest in attending, please use the button above. If you have any questions, please contact our events team.
We look forward to seeing you!