Lewis Silkin and Rajah & Tann briefing: What's new in data privacy in Europe, the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore?
- 17 March 2021
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm (HKT)
- Online Webinar via Zoom
Lewis Silkin (Hong Kong and UK) and Rajah & Tann (Singapore) partner to bring you a key session focussing on What’s new in data and privacy in Europe and the UK, and a short update on the positions in Hong Kong and Singapore, covering:
- What’s happened over the last 12 months in relation to GDPR and UK GDPR
- What’s new in data and privacy law in Hong Kong and Singapore
In the session, we will talk about key GDPR and UK GDPR learnings from the last 12 months, with a focus on:
(1) Brexit – what are the key takeaways?;
(2) the impact of Schrems ii for data sharing from Europe and the UK to APAC (especially Singapore);
(3) 2020/2021 enforcement actions (including any fines levied) – what can business in APAC learn; and
(4) what does the future hold (e.g. new Standard Contractual Clauses)?
We will also provide short updates on key PDPO developments in Hong Kong, key PDPA developments in Singapore over the last 12 months and what the future will bring.
The session will take place on 17 March 2021 from 4.00 to 5.00pm HKT. Register for the session now using the link below. Details to join the session can be found in the calender appointment on completion of registration and you will receive a reminder nearer the date.
If you have any queries or a colleague who would like to attend, please contact email@example.com.