In House Data Club: Tech Solutions to Covid-19
- 11 May 2020
- 4:00pm to 5:00pm
- Online: details to be circulated to attendees
Submit your details to request event materials
Please join us for our third In House Data Club of 2020 where we will discuss how data controllers can navigate the data & privacy implications of the use of tech “solutions” to Covid-19.
In this session we will discuss the various tech solutions being talked up as the saviours of our health and the economy from contact tracing apps to temperature testing in the workplace (or at events) through to more complex bolt on biometric analysis and use of AI. We discuss the data privacy and employer considreations in our article here.
In an age where people are increasingly concerned about how their data is used, millions of us are going to need to trust this tech and follow any resultant advice we receive. To earn that trust, it is imperative for organisations who wish to deploy them to maintain high standards of privacy compliance, security and ethics.
Some questions that we will be discussing:
- What are the key data & privacy considerations?
- What as an organisation should you be thinking about when considering the use this tech within your workforce, or otherwise, to provide your services safely?
- For example:
- Can I require my workforce, event attendees or visitors to install an app?
- Can I require my workforce, event attendees or visitors to use an app?
- Can I require them to have their temperature taken?
- Can I use biometrics in the workplace to enhance any temperature testing?
The LS In House Data Club, for in house counsel and data protection specialists, is intended to be interactive and a discussion forum to share experiences with your contemporaries in an informal Chatham House style.
This session will be held on Monday 11th May and will take place via Webex. A link to join the meeting will be sent in advance of the session.
If you have any queries, or a colleague who would like to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.