Contract law update: Recent developments and practical tips
- 02 May 2019
- 09.00am until 10.15am (Registration & breakfast from 08.30am)
- Lewis Silkin LLP, 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
We would like to invite you to our next seminar where we will be discussing recent developments in contract law.
The event will take place on Thursday 2 May, at the Lewis Silkin office. Our talk will cover common provisions and terms appearing in commercial contracts. Some of these areas enjoy limited attention during negotiations, but a failure to appreciate their effect can give rise to disputes, often with unpredictable results.
We will provide a reminder of the basic principles, and cover recent cases regarding:
- Notice provisions: what to say when notifying a claim? Compliance with requirements
- Contractual discretion: what duties do you have? How are standard clauses now interpreted?
- How to effectively exclude or limit your liability
- No reliance clauses: are they effective in excluding liability for misrepresentation?
During the seminar we will review recent case law, provide practical tips on how to interpret key clauses and consider how to avoid common pitfalls that can arise.
If you have any queries, or a colleague who would like to attend, please contact email@example.com.