There is never a good time to face an Employment Tribunal claim.
But when it happens, it’s important to entrust your matter to a legal team who:
- Has seen it all before. There aren’t many Tribunal litigation issues, no matter how obscure, that we haven’t come across before and can’t bring our experience to bear on
- Understands the difference between a routine matter and a “bet the farm” claim, and allocates resources to match
- Realises that, while litigation might be our day job, it isn’t yours and guides you through the process – from pleadings to disclosure through witness statements and on to the full hearing – as smoothly and effortlessly as possible
- Always has its eye on the commercial objective, knowing when the time is right to go in “all guns blazing”, and when an expertly negotiated exit is the best way forward
We can handle the whole range of Employment Tribunals claims and have particular expertise in:
- Complex and sensitive discrimination and whistleblowing claims
- Equal pay
- Unfair dismissal, including the various types of automatic claim
- Protective award claims under TUPE and TULR(C)A, and TUPE employee liability information disputes
- Unlawful deductions from wages
- Breach of contract
- Dismissal and detriment for trade union membership and activities
- Agency worker disputes
James Davies comments for The Law Society Gazette: THE LOW DOWN04 September 2018
James Davies comments in an article for The Law Society Gazette, which discusses the demand for employment law advice due to the increase in ‘gig economy’ cases and the abolition of tribunal fees.
Free trade and controlling free movement - can the UK and the EU square the circle (18 months on)?05 July 2018
The Brexit rollercoaster continues to rattle along as we hurtle towards 29 March 2019, the projected date for the UK to leave the EU.
Too hot to handle? What employers need to know about the heatwave04 July 2018
There’s nothing Brits like more than talking about the weather and this year we’ve had a lot to discuss. Just a few months ago, the country was shivering in sub-zero temperatures, brought from Siberia by the “beast from the east”. Now that seems like a distant memory and we’re enjoying one of the hottest summers on record.
Mock Employment Tribunal - Swindon14 June 2018
In our latest event held in conjunction with Hays, Lewis Silkin invite you to experience all the drama and tension of a tribunal hearing without the responsibility and risk that goes with fighting a real-life case.
The risk for employers in bypassing collective bargaining16 March 2017
Where an employer has recognised a trade union for collective bargaining purposes, can it still put an offer directly to its employees? This was the thorny issue for consideration in a recent Employment Tribunal decision.