Commercial Rights & Content
We specialise in the exploitation of commercial rights and content. We have advised on some of the most high profile and complex deals in sport.
Our team is known for its expertise across all commercial aspects of sport including: sponsorship, merchandise licensing, ticketing, hospitality, data management and exploitation, gambling, gaming, supplier agreements and rights protection.
On top of this, our in depth understanding of the complex layering of commercial rights in sport sets us apart. We advise rights holders at all levels, and work closely with brands and their marketing agencies when investing in sports partnerships and creating sports content. In a disrupted media environment we excel in helping sports stakeholders to deliver their content across a spectrum of traditional and digital platforms.
Our top-ranked advertising and marketing practice puts us in prime position to advise on regulatory issues as they impact sports marketing. Advising sports sponsors in heavily regulated industries such as alcohol and betting is a particular strength. We also advise on social media rules and ambush marketing on a daily basis.
On the talent side we have decades of experience negotiating deals for and with some of sports biggest stars; be it agency representation agreements, advertising campaigns or endorsements.
Examples of our work include advising:
- a global brand on its title sponsorship of a formula 1 team and related activations
- on the highest value sponsorship in horse racing history
- a leading soccer agency on a variety of commercial agreements for its players
- on commercial and operational aspects of a new professional track-cycling series from drafting the series regulations and rider agreements to advising on sponsorship, broadcast, supplier and venue agreements
- an agency on its agreement to represent one of Britain’s most decorated Olympians
- a new, innovative motor racing series to be part of the Formula E circuit on its key commercial and sponsorship agreements
- Goodwood racecourse on a collaboration with other global race courses to launch World Horse Racing, a digital platform for sharing content to engage a new race-going audience.
Lewis Silkin advises The CLV Group through a joint venture to create Waiv Global22 December 2021
Lewis Silkin is pleased to continue its relationship with The Customer Lifetime Value Group, advising the transformation consultancy on its latest business venture. The CLV Group has partnered with Peter Trembling Consultancy to launch Waiv Global, delivering a revolutionary approach to global fan engagement and monetisation.