I joined Lewis Silkin on qualification in 2002. I was made a partner in 2009 and in 2012, I opened our office in Cardiff where I manage the office and head a growing employment team.
I advise on the full range of employment issues with a focus on legal and strategic advice on redundancies/restructuring; sensitive terminations and practical advice on the operation of TUPE. I also have considerable experience of Employment Tribunal litigation having successfully defended a number of complicated discrimination cases.
I am a member of Lewis Silkin's specialist TUPE team and I advise regularly on the legal and practical implications of the TUPE regulations. In particular, I have considerable experience:
- Advising on the impact of TUPE in an outsourcing situation or when services change hands
- Drafting and reviewing TUPE provisions in contracts.
I have considerable transactional experience supporting businesses (and groups of businesses) with:
- Large scale and high profile redundancy and restructuring processes (generally involving collective consultation); and
- The employment aspects of acquisitions/dispositions (whether share or asset sale).
Advertising & Marketing
I head the employment team's advertising and marketing sector group and regularly work with colleagues across the firm when advising clients in this sector. I have particular experience of advising on whether TUPE applies when a client account changes hands and of reviewing TUPE related provisions in client/agency agreements.
Retail, Hospitality & Leisure
As part of Lewis Silkin's Retail, Hospitality & Leisure sector group I work regularly with colleagues across the firm when advising clients in this sector. I have particular experience of advising clients in this sector on restructuring and re-organising their businesses to adapt to changing market conditions.
Awards and recognition
- Chambers and Partners 2019 - "She is superb - she can provide high-quality advice at very short notice, and cuts to the commercial nub of the matter."
- Legal 500 2018: The ‘excellent’ Lucy Lewis heads the team
- Chambers 2018 - "She is absolutely fantastic: always available, smart, practical and efficient. Her client service is top-notch."