I joined Lewis Silkin in 2005 and specialise in commercial disputes. I have extensive experience in advising in high value and complex commercial litigation, often with an international dimension, and have acted on a number of arbitrations.
I act for clients across a number of sectors including in the technology, professional services, retail and finance spheres.
I provide clients with strategic advice to resolve disputes and to get cost-effective results, whether by negotiation, alternative dispute resolution methods or litigation/arbitration. I regularly advise and act on breach of contract disputes, breach of warranty/indemnity claims, company disputes (including boardroom disputes, claims against directors and claims by minority shareholders) and professional negligence claims. I am a member of the London Solicitor Litigation Association, the Commercial Litigation Association and the Young International Arbitration Group of the LCIA. I am also a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Recent cases include:
- Defending an Italian insurance broker in multi-million Euro trust proceedings in the Commercial Court and Court of Appeal
- Acting for an Indian analytics developer in High Court proceedings for consideration due under the terms of a Sale Purchase Agreement in respect of the sale of a subsidiary to a UK purchaser
- Defending a Nevada-based gaming company in the Commercial Court against multi-million dollar claims for alleged breaches of contractual warranties and indemnities
- Representing a global mobile operator association against a supplier in proceedings in the Technology Construction Court arising out of breaches of an IT services contract
I have particular experience in acting for technology companies in respect of contractual issues and disputes, and have conducted numerous actions for such clients in the Technology Construction Court. Clients I have represented include software developers, mobile services providers, gaming companies and creative digital agencies.
I also regularly act for professional services partnerships and LLPs. I have carried out numerous confidential internal investigations in respect of regulatory issues for such clients.
Awards and Recognition
- Legal 500 2018 - Fraser McKeating is 'one to watch'.