I advise national and international clients on the resolution of commercial disputes through litigation and alternative dispute resolution (arbitration, mediation and expert determination).
I have acted for clients across a broad range of sectors including clients operating in the technology, publishing, energy, pharmaceutical and construction industries.
I have higher rights of audience (civil) and have represented pro bono clients in interim applications in the county courts and also in the interim applications court at the RCJ.
My experience includes acting for clients in complex contractual disputes and disputes arising from warranty/indemnity claims, allegations of fraud, shareholder disputes, negligence and misrepresentation. I have also assisted clients with internal investigations and advised on issues relating to bribery and money laundering.
I have experience instituting and progressing arbitrations under the LCIA, ICC and RSA Arbitration Rules and advising clients on jurisdictional issues and the enforcement of arbitral awards. Recent cases include:
- Defending an international network and telecommunications equipment company in an ICC arbitration commenced by a Turkish sub-contractor relating to a large construction project in Ukraine
- Assisting a German buyer with an LCIA arbitration relating to post-closing price adjustments and warranty claims against a Bulgarian seller
- Advising a leading European bottle of soft drinks in a dispute with an international supplier relating to the quality of goods supplied and the appropriateness of the method of transport of the goods
I have experience dealing with high-value claims in the various divisions of the High Court and in the Court of Appeal. Recent cases include:
- Defending a buyer in proceedings brought by a seller relating to post-acquisition rights to access records belonging to the target company and the correct interpretation of contractual provisions
- Acting for an EU distributor in proceedings arising from the wrongful termination of a contract by a supplier
Advising an international pharmaceutical company on a large number of product liability claims following a product recall.