I am an Associate in the Employment, Immigration and Reward department. I work in three main areas: general employment law; data protection/privacy law; and, international work. I am part of the Lewis Silkin Data & Privacy Group.
I advise employers across all sectors on the whole range of general employment issues as well as litigation matters: from hiring to firing and everything in-between. My work includes drafting and reviewing contracts and policies, advising on performance issues and terminations, helping clients with restructurings and redundancies, drafting and advising on restrictive covenants, as well as assisting clients with family-friendly issues.
Data & Privacy
My work for the Data & Privacy Group involves:
- conducting GDPR audits
- advising multi-national companies on extra-EEA transfers, privacy shield, and the GDPR
- advising on, and coordinating responses to, data subject access requests from employees
- advising companies on employee monitoring and locating racking
I specialise in international work, both advising foreign companies on English legal issues and project managing large cross-jurisdictional matters.
Examples of my recent work include:
- Project managing a GDPR compliance audit for a global company across 19 jurisdictions
- Project managing our International Helpdesk services for a global company across 20 jurisdictions
I have extensive knowledge and experience in working with South Korean companies and government organisations which have operations or wish to set up business in the UK and Europe. I am a member of the Ministry of Justice (of South Korea)’s legal panel for Korean SMEs to advise those who are expanding to overseas markets, in particular the UK. I am a fluent Korean speaker.