I have been at Lewis Silkin for 14 years, and have been a partner since 2009 in the Employment, Immigration and Reward department.
I am recognised in major directories for my work, including Legal500 and Who’s Who Legal. I enjoy advising a wide variety of clients, with a particular focus on professional services, financial services and broadcast media.
I mainly act for companies and LLPs. I advise them on everything involving their workforce, including:
- strategic advice on significant domestic and multinational risks
- major projects such as restructurings and acquisitions
- sensitive senior exits
- disciplinary issues incorporating regulatory issues
- high value litigation in the High Court as well as the Employment Tribunals, ranging from whistle blowing and discrimination claims, to claims for breach of fiduciary duties and enforcement of restrictive covenants
I also advise high net worth individuals on everything during the working cycle, including:
- negotiating terms and conditions of employment
- disciplinary and remuneration issues
- discrimination and whistle blowing claims
- severance and restrictive covenant disputes
I am also an accredited mediator, and regularly mediate workplace issues such as dysfunctional working relationships between senior managers, partners and managers and team members.
Recent examples of my work for companies and LLPs include:
- advising a multinational on strategy and implementation of withdrawal of an employee benefit in 73 countries
- advising a media company on its sale of a business to a rival, taking into account potential competition law issues
- exiting the EMEA Head of a division of a global investment bank in sensitive disciplinary circumstances
- advising an international law firm faced with a threatened exit of several partners in a department, and negotiating settlement terms
- defending discrimination and whistle blowing claims for an international investment bank
Recent examples of my work for high net worth individuals include:
- advising a team of asset managers on their exit from a multinational and establishing their own business, migrating their asset portfolio and investors with agreement of their former employer
- defending a former CEO of a technology consultancy against claims of breach of fiduciary duty and diversion of maturing business opportunities
- bonus and whistle blowing claim against a global investment bank
- representing a senior member of an LLP in disciplinary proceedings and negotiating severance terms.