I am a Senior Associate in the Employment, Immigration and Reward department and a member of the firm’s Sports Business Group.
As an employment lawyer, I advise a diverse client base from advertising agencies to high value individuals on all aspects of employment law. I have a particular focus on contentious matters, advising on contractual disputes and litigation in the Employment Tribunals and the civil Courts.
My sports clients include Premier League football teams, Premiership rugby teams, high profile sports agents, sports governing bodies and individual athletes and coaches. I advise on employment, contractual, regulatory and disciplinary matters and have experience of litigation in the civil courts and specialist sports tribunals, including the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
I advise on all aspects of employment law, with a focus on contentious issue and litigation. My day to day work might include advising on complex restructures and redundancies, bonus disputes and the enforcement of restrictive covenants.
My recent work includes advising:
- a commercial client on enforcing post termination restrictions against a departing employee intending to join its main competitor;
- an international bank on the dismissal of an employee following allegations of fraud
- a major American sports agency on the establishment of a UK operation and the hire of its first UK employees;
- an advertising agency on the departure of a senior executive; and
- an international rugby union on the appointment of its head coach.
I am an expert in the business and regulation of sport and the employment and wider “people” issues faced by sports organisations. I have represented clients in FA disciplinary proceedings and FA arbitration, proceedings at FIFA and CAS and disciplinary proceedings before the RFU, ERC and World Rugby. I have acted on selection and classification disputes in Olympic and Paralympic sports and on anti-doping matters. I regularly advise on the regulation of football, particularly in relation to agents/intermediaries.
Examples of my recent work include advising:
- a Premier league football club on the appointment of its new manager;
- a Premiership rugby club on a high profile contractual dispute with an international player;
- a leading football agency on the structuring of international transfer deals;
- a British double Paralympic champion on a classification dispute with the International Paralympic Committee; and
- various international Rugby players on disciplinary proceedings during the 2015 Rugby World Cup.