I am a specialist construction solicitor providing both dispute resolution and contract drafting advice.
I also regularly provide EU procurement advice as a member of the firm’s public procurement group.
I live in Oxford and work from both the Oxford and London offices. I have a degree in Electronic Engineering as well as a Masters in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution.
I deal with a wide range of disputes relating to construction projects, especially acting in adjudications, and have particular experience of resolving complex payment disputes in adjudications.
Examples of recent work include:
- on going advice in relation to a water ingress defect and potential arbitration claims for recovery of remedial costs;
- successfully recovering a multi-million pound sum in adjudication against a main contractor for failing to pay interim payments;
- successfully defending a “smash and grab” adjudication from a contractor alleging lack of payment or pay less notices.
- I often carry out an initial risk overview for clients so that they are well informed when negotiating and can put themselves in the best position should negotiations fail.
I work on all manner of projects, large or small, have a particular expertise in:
- complex contracts, often NEC form, relating to large infrastructure projects (eg Crossrail) with pain/gain sharing mechanisms, unlike many lawyers I am perfectly comfortable navigating my way round detailed spreadsheets;
- contracts for long term housing stock repairs and maintenance particularly TPC or JCT Measured Term forms;
- consultants’ appointments whether bespoke or standard forms;
- commercial and retail fit out contracts; and
- secured lending due diligence for property developments.
As well as advising on the main contract or appointment I also advise on the associated contracts such as collateral warranties, bonds, guarantees, escrow or project bank accounts