I work in the Lewissilkinhouse team and am currently on secondment at a global investment bank and financial services institution.
I am an experienced employment lawyer and advise on the full range of international employment issues. Recent experience has included:
- advising an international investment bank in respect of a collective grievance raised by a number of Managing Directors alleging discrimination, bullying and harassment and whistleblowing following them being put at risk of redundancy
- advising an international financial newspaper in respect of the restructure of its newsroom and the collective redundancy consultation process
- defending a leading financial technology company in respect of a high value unlawful deduction of wages claim raised by the Director of Sales for unpaid commission
- advising an investment bank in respect of the integration of a credit card business following its acquisition (including the concurrent collective redundancy and TUPE consultation issues)
I have particular experience at working with clients in the financial services sector and have completed secondments at US and Canadian investment banks and at a French investment manager. Particular highlights include:
- advising in respect of a compliance investigation into breaches of the Personal Account Dealing policy and subsequent disciplinary, dismissal and tribunal proceedings
- working with local HR and local counsel to implement performance and redundancy processes in Israel, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon
- running a collective redundancy process across teams in London and Jersey
- advising in respect of a collective grievance lodged by members of a front office trading desk raising complaints about bonus payments awarded and alleging unfair treatment on religious grounds
I have also worked with clients in the publishing and technology sectors.