I work with companies that are involved in raising finance.
This includes raising finance through the issue and marketing of debt securities (such as listed or unlisted bonds), the offer of shares for subscription (including through an initial public offering (IPO) on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange, known as AIM) and the use of alternative financing structures. I also advise on the financial services laws regulating the marketing and promotion of securities, shares and investments.
I advise on the corporate and financial services law relevant to raising finance. This includes:
- drafting and reviewing marketing documentation relating to the offer of shares, securities and investments
- advising on the financial services law and the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority relevant to the marketing and promotion of shares, securities and investments
- drafting “mini-bonds” and the loan agreements, security and other documentation associated with these products
- preparing prospectuses in respect of listed bonds for submission to, and approval by, the listing authority in the relevant jurisdiction
- advising on alternative financing structures (for example, using limited partnerships)