My employment law practice covers all aspects of employment law, advising a wide variety of clients on complex HR issues, including senior level terminations, restructuring and handling a wide range of employment litigation.
I have particular expertise in advising multi-national clients on international employment law matters, providing strategic and commercial advice on cross-border issues. I am rated as a leading individual by the 2016 Who’s Who Legal Guide for Labour, Employment & Benefits.
My practice is varied and I am focused on providing my clients with prompt, unstuffy, commercial advice taking account of not just the legal issues, but considering the wider impact of my advice to the business. I also routinely advise multinational clients on cross-border employment issues, working closely with international colleagues to co-ordinate advice and help clients to shape a strategic and commercial international HR strategy. Some recent examples of my work include:
- advising on a collective grievance provoked by comments on social media
- advising a pharmaceutical company on the employment implications of their acquisition, including an inter-group TUPE transfer
- undertaking a compliance audit of all employment related documents for an international company across a number of its European operations
- advising a client on the possible closure of a number of its international operations
Media & Entertainment
A particular focus for me is working with broadcast media companies. I have over 10 years’ experience advising some of the leading names in the entertainment industry, not only on their UK employment law requirements, but also advising on international employment matters. I regularly speak at industry events as well as providing bespoke training to both HR professionals and senior managers in media and entertainment. Some recent examples of work in this area include:
- advising a company in the media and entertainment industry on complex equal pay and discrimination claims raised by a member of their legal department
- advising a broadcast media company on a major reorganization of its European operations (including collective redundancies and possible TUPE implications)
- providing training on equal opportunities, performance management and the legal issues associated with the use of social media to the senior management team of a media company