I am an Australian qualified lawyer who joined Lewis Silkin’s Employment and Data Protection groups in February 2018, having been admitted to practice in Victoria, Australia, in 2010.
Previously working in a well-regarded Australian corporate law firm, I have experience in all aspects of employment law including advocacy in courts and tribunals, employment advisory in corporate transactions and day-to-day HR advisory. I also have experience defending employers in workplace health and safety prosecutions, union right of entry disputes and in employment discrimination claims.
I regularly provide management training on various employment and compliance issues to small and medium sized businesses in a variety of industries.
My experience includes:
- Drafting employment contracts including C-level contracts, employment policies and collective agreements.
- Acting for employers in enforcing the terms of employment contracts against former employees including instructing and working closely with senior counsel, taking affidavits and drafting court documents, providing ongoing strategic advice to clients and ultimately negotiating and documenting the terms of settlement.
- After initial enquiries were made by a regulator, advising a cleaning contractor company on employment compliance issues including contractor/employee issues, employee benefits, superannuation and taxation obligations.
- Defending unfair and unlawful dismissal applications in the employment tribunal and courts, including appearing before the full-bench of the Australian employment tribunal.
- Advising a national client on transfer of business issues arising out of its proposed multi-million dollar acquisition of a logistics group. The transaction was complex and combined both share sale and asset sale elements, with each component of the sale affecting employees differently.
- Conducting human resources management training to over 30 managers at an automotive factory.
- Providing employment privacy advice to international clients during cross-jurisdictional projects.
- Advising generally on employee surveillance and monitoring issues.