The GDPR: A toolkit for advertisers and marketers - FULLY BOOKED (NEW SESSION COMING SOON)
- 26 April 2017
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- 8:45am - 10:00am (breakfast and registration from 8.15am)
- Entry: Free
This session will cover some of the key impacts of the new General Data Protection Regulation for advertisers and marketers.
Topics to be covered will include:
- The extra jurisdictional reach of the GDPR: do I have to comply if I am based outside Europe?
- The rules on consent: do I need to obtain a user’s explicit consent to marketing?
- The requirement for transparency and its impact on the data value exchange
- Re-permissioning and record keeping
- The right to object to marketing
- The new rules covering customer segmentation and targeted advertising.
GDPR and the effect of Brexit18 May 2017
What attitude should professional services firms take to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
Advertising & Marketing
We have been advising clients in the advertising sector since the early 1970s. We advised the founders of advertising agencies which went on to become icons of the British advertising industry, and key components of the world’s leading agency networks.
Employment is a central focus of our business, with around 100 lawyers in our team. Consistently top-ranked amongst our peers for over a decade, we advise UK and multinational clients of all sizes, and many of our partners are independently rated as leaders in the field. Not only do we have one of the UK’s largest employment law practices, we have truly global reach as members of Ius laboris, the world’s leading employment law alliance, and with our Asia Pacific base in Hong Kong.