Singapore: GDPR breakfast discussion - is your business ready?
- 15 March 2018
- 8.30am - 10.00am with registration from 8.00am (including breakfast)
- 9 Battery Road, #25-01, Singapore, 049910
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in the European Union on 25 May 2018. In addition to being the most discussed and most important piece of legislation ever produced by the European Union, the GDPR is also the most far reaching in terms of potential territorial scope, affecting businesses and their operations all around the world.
As such, in combination with an increased fine profile for breaches (with potential fines reaching up to 4% of worldwide revenue), all businesses with any connection to the European Union, be it HR/workforce or consumer-related, should understand and prepare for the implications of this instrument now before it comes into effect.
Many businesses have been preparing for the GDPR for the last two years, but many (especially in Asia Pacific) have not. There is still, however, time to start getting your house in order.
In this session, Lewis Silkin will discuss:
- What is the GDPR? (including the basic “Grammar” of data protection)
- What is the GDPR’s territorial reach?
- Which of your entities are in scope? Which of your business units are affected?
- What are the main changes it brings to the data protection landscape in the European Union (in relation to the requirements surrounding transparency and accountability)?
- What can you do now?
- How do you conduct an audit and what corrections and implementations are you likely to require or put in place?
- What will the enforcement and fine landscape look like post 25 May 2018?
Places are limited so don’t miss out! Please reserve your place now by contacting our events team.
We will be holding an identical session in Hong Kong, for more details please click here.
Asia Pacific Region
Our Hong Kong office offers high quality and cost-effective employment and global mobility support across APAC jurisdictions.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018.