Recent developments in legal privilege: A practical approach
- 07 March 2018
- 9.15am – 10.30am (registration and breakfast from 8.45am)
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
Companies and their in-house lawyers frequently face the task of maintaining and protecting privilege. The English courts have recently considered a number of issues relating to legal advice privilege, litigation privilege and without prejudice privilege.
In this seminar we will review the recent case law and consider how to handle real world privilege scenarios in a pragmatic way. We will cover the following:
- A summary of the recent legal developments
- Typical scenarios where legal privilege issues arise in practice including: internal investigations; discussions of sensitive matters at Board level; litigation considerations
- How to avoid common pitfalls such as: creating documents and sending documents when you should not; how to share documents with third parties while maintaining privilege; use of in-house counsel
- How to apply a practical framework to a variety of different situations
When disputes arise, they can often have far-reaching implications for the rest of a business.