Preparing your ownership structure for success
- 02 November 2017
- 8.45am - 10.00am (breakfast and registration from 8.15am)
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
We regularly advise on how agencies can best share their equity with a wider group of people, attracting and incentivising employees in the process.
It can be just as important to take a step back and consider your shareholder base strategically. Should some existing shareholders have their stake reduced or bought back entirely? What if they don’t agree? How should ownership and control of the business be managed? It’s an issue that goes to the heart of your business: how should the fruits of success be shared?
This session will cover:
- How to assess your shareholder base strategically
- Tax-efficient ways to provide your management and staff with shares
- Ways to take shares back when a shareholder has fallen out with the others, or simply left the business, including how to manage disputes and keep control
- How a business might restructure as an “employee-owned” company – a model of ownership that is still not widely known about, but which can re-incentivise your entire staff while also unlocking succession challenges