Optimising the value in your creative business - Joint IP seminar with Kingston Smith
- 23 March 2017
- 5 Chancery Lane, Clifford's Inn, London, EC4A 1BL
- 5:00pm - 6:15pm followed by networking (registration from 4:30pm)
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
The UK offers an almost unparalleled market in which to maximise the value of your offering. At this seminar, media accountants Kingston Smith and media lawyers Lewis Silkin will look at the range of opportunities that have been created to help businesses innovate and excel, from making the most of the tax reliefs available to getting the optimal value from your IP .
Mike Hayes, tax partner at Kingston Smith, will focus on the following reliefs, reviewing how they compare to those offered by other countries and demonstrating how creative businesses would be eligible to apply for them:
- R&D tax relief
- Patent box
- Film tax relief
- TV and animation tax relief
- Video games tax relief
Cliff Fluet, Partner in Brands & IP at Lewis Silkin, will cover:
- Identification and protection of IP assets
- Ways of monetising IP assets
- The impact of new media and new technology on IP distribution and monetisation
If you have any questions or have a colleague that would like to attend, please contact our events team.
We look forward to welcoming you.