Major overhaul to disclosure coming: are you ready?
- 22 November 2018
- 8.30am - Registration and networking, 9.00am - 10.00am - Seminar, 10.00am - 10.15am - Q&A/Discussion
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Documents win and lose cases. On 1 January 2019, fundamental changes to the disclosure process are due to come into force as part of a pilot scheme in the Business & Property Courts across England and Wales.
The changes represent the biggest reforms to disclosure since the introduction of the Civil Procedure Rules almost 20 years ago, both in terms of the process itself and the duties arising. The reforms seek to address the proliferation of electronic documents and reduce the burden (and cost) of providing disclosure in England and Wales.
Members of the Lewis Silkin Dispute Resolution team will be joined by Lesley Anderson QC (a member of the working group who led the reforms) and shall discuss practical points arising, including:
- The new rules in outline
- The new duties imposed on litigants and solicitors
- Obligations to search for relevant documents – do they remain? When might it be better not to search?
- Best practice around preservation and document management
We look forward to seeing you.
- Dispute Resolution
- Media & Entertainment Disputes
- Advertising & Marketing Disputes
- Company Disputes
- Technology Disputes
- Commercial Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Employment Disputes
- Competition Disputes
- Insolvency Disputes
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Real Estate Disputes
- Reputation Management Disputes