LS Live: The GDPR - a toolkit for the live entertainment industry
- 15 March 2018
- 5.00pm until 6:15pm (Registration from 4.30pm, followed by drinks and canapés until 7.30pm)
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
This session will cover some of the key impacts of the new General Data Protection Regulation for the live entertainment industry.
Topics to be covered will include:
- The extra jurisdictional reach of the GDPR: do I have to comply if I am based outside Europe?
- The rules on consent: do I need to obtain a user’s explicit consent to marketing? Can I use legitimate interest?
- Re-permissioning and record keeping
- The requirement for transparency and its impact on the data value exchange
- The new rules covering customer segmentation and targeted advertising
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25 May 2018.