JCT 2016 D&B Contractor insolvency and termination - Session 5
- 11 July 2017
- 5 Chancery Lane, Cliffords Inn, London, EC4A 1BL
- 04:30 PM - 06:30 PM
- Entry: Free
Autumn 2016 saw the launch of the new edition of the popular JCT Design and Build contract. The changes go further than bringing the contract up to date and some minor tweaking. Doing what you have always done may land you in hot water. Our JCT Series has been overhauled to reflect the revised contracts and we look forward to discussing the current issues with you.
We will start by looking at the different sorts of insolvency and how they impact on the contract. We will also discuss:
- How do you terminate the contract?
- Who is responsible for the site before and after termination?
- How should an employer go about completing the works?
- How can an employer defend claims from the contractor or a liquidator/administrator for retention of title or sums owed?
Please click here to register.
Construction and engineering projects are often regarded as complex, involving a tangled web of advisors and contracts, and with a potential pitfall around every corner.
Real Estate Development
Our development lawyers bring together the full range of our real estate experience and knowledge, working closely with our client to help plan and deliver the project.
JCT training series
Autumn 2016 saw the launch of the new edition of the popular JCT Design and Build contract.