GDPR implications for website owners in conjunction with Panlogic
- 06 July 2017
- 8:45am – 10:00am, registration at 8:30am
- 5 Chancery Lane Clifford’s Inn London EC4A 1BL
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) places additional requirements on the collection, storage and use of personal data and will be mandatory for UK companies (regardless of Brexit). These requirements necessarily demand changes to both online and offline systems and processes.
This combined event between Lewis Silkin and Panlogic provides both the legal and technical considerations for website owners to be compliant by May 2018.
Simon Morrissey, Partner and Head of Data & Privacy at Lewis Silkin, will focus on some key areas of the GDPR imposing legal requirements on website owners.
In the second half of the seminar William Makower, director at Panlogic, will use exemplar websites to both demonstrate and explain the technical implications of the Regulation.
Simon will discuss:
- Key changes to the rules on consent, new rules on record keeping and the new transparency requirements
- The timetable for implementation
William Makower from Panlogic will demonstrate and discuss the technical details of:
- Audit trails
- Modifications required of web systems (CRM and CMS)
If you have any questions or have a colleague that would like to attend, please contact our events team.