Advertising & Marketing - The new E-Privacy Regulation: Impacts and challenges for marketers and advertisers
- 07 November 2018
- 9.00am – 10.15am (registration and breakfast from 8.30am)
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Whilst all the attention has been focussed on the GDPR, European legislators have been busy putting the finishing touches to the new E-Privacy Regulation.
Together with the GDPR the Regulation will have a significant legal and commercial impact on all forms of electronic marketing and digital advertising. This session will navigate the new rules and identify the challenges and opportunities for brand owners and their vendors in the following areas:
- Data collection: how does the Regulation impact on the collection of data intended to be used for marketing campaigns?
- Data analytics: Will I need to obtain user consent? Will I still be able to create customer segments? Will I need to renew my consents?
- Electronic marketing communications: I’ve collected the data, I’ve analysed it so what else do I need to think about before I can use that data to send communications to my audience?
- The impact on engagement and retention
This is the last event in the Advertising & Marketing sector seminar series for 2018. Click here for a summary of the previous events.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25 May 2018.