Data & Privacy Training
Data protection laws move at speed, and keeping up with the changes can be a real challenge. All of our training is practical, engaging and interactive, and can be tailored to your interests and the requirements of your business.
Who should attend?
Those primarily interested in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the incoming General Data Protection Regulation.
We provide training for sales and marketing managers, HR managers, IT and finance professionals as well as in-house lawyers, designed to give you a head start in avoiding legal problems and creating a compliance culture.
Format of the training sessions
We provide tailor made in-house data protection training for your organisation and can provide workbooks and checklists to take away. Training sessions can be of any length, from one hour to a full day, and can cover any data protection law topic of your choice.
They can be delivered in-house or at our premises in London.
The cost will depend on the duration of the session and the elements you would like to cover, but will always be agreed with you in advance.
Data protection training - general
We can provide training covering any of the following topics, either as standalone training or in combination:
- data protection law basic concepts
- marketing use of data: An Introduction to the Privacy & Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- an introduction to the GDPR
- becoming GDPR compliant for your business
- handling Subject Access Requests
- BYOD to the workplace
- use and abuse of social media in the workplace
- data security issues and ISO 27001
- how to avoid, prepare for and deal with data security breaches
- data protection officer role and duties
- rules relating to international data transfers
- data protection for health staff
- data protection for marketing staff
- data protection for employment and HR staff
- using third party processors or outsourcers
- carrying out data retention audits and safe data destruction
- carrying out privacy impact assessments and data protection audits
- user profiling and targeting
For work place data privacy and protection we run a selection of e-learning courses to help educate employers and employees. You can view a demonstration of the data awareness e-learning class online.