Takeovers & Finance
We act for investors, clubs and management teams on the full spectrum of corporate transactions. We combine our deep understanding of the key assets in sport: people, intellectual property and stadia, with our experience and knowledge of the sport regulatory framework and tax, to provide bespoke commercial advice.
Our Corporate team have advised a wide variety of clients on transactions such as the acquisition and disposal of premier league and championship football clubs, the acquisition and disposal of premiership rugby clubs and on some of the most innovative finance structures in the football transfer market.
Drawing on the firm’s expertise in employment law, immigration, commercial rights, brand protection, property and tax we seek to provide specialist advice so our clients know that they are not just involved in a corporate transaction but a sports corporate transaction.
Examples of our work include advising:
- on the acquisition of a Premier League football club
- on the acquisition of a Premiership rugby union club
- several off-shore funds on third party investment in football clubs across Europe
- a Championship football club on its debt and equity finance
- on football player transfers in excess of £300m over the last five years