Sports Employment & Immigration
Our employment and immigration lawyers are market leaders, advising clubs, governing bodies and sports agencies on the full range of employment, immigration and disciplinary issues (including classification, selection and anti-doping matters).
We’ve advised on numerous high-profile managerial appointments and exits at both club and international level, and work with clients to ensure contracts with their top talent are future-proofed.
We have in depth knowledge of the issues that matter to sports organisations, from employment status of match day staff to handling litigation and arbitration in front of national and international governing bodies, and the Court of Arbitration for Sport. We also provide a great value helpline service for HR teams.
Examples of our recent work include advising:
- a Premiership rugby union club on the contractual position, negotiation strategy and media strategy for the controversial departure of a player
- a "Big 4" Premier League club on the appointment of its new manager
- a Premier League manager on his new contract
- a Championship football club on the restructuring of its scouting department
- a Premier League football club on day to day HR matters
- on the restructuring of the senior management board for a Championship football club and a leading professional sport’s governing body
- on the secondment of an international rugby coach to the British Lions
- an international footballer on a dispute with his former club
More like this:
Serge Aurier visa ban28 November 2016
Andrew Osborne has commented on the breaking news that Serge Aurier has been denied entry to the UK due to his recent criminal conviction, across multiple international and European press and media outlets.
Could Brexit change the face of football in the UK?01 April 2016
Andrew Osborne was interviewed by BBC news on the impact of Brexit on British football and the potential loss of access to European talent which has helped make the Premier League hugely popular.