Food & Beverage
Given the immediate connection with health and wellbeing, the food and beverage industry can present a number of unique and tricky legal issues. It is also an area where the UK in particular has always excelled both domestically and internationally, and has always been a steadfast part of the economy in uncertain times.
Lewis Silkin is one of the few firms that participates in food and beverage industry events as an expert market advisor. We exhibit at food and beverage industry trade shows and our lawyers are called on as panelists and expert speakers at these events. Our practice takes a 360 degree view of the sector, as we act for retailers, restaurants, and food and beverage makers, ranging from the boutique and niche specialists to some of the largest of their kind in not only the UK but the world. We are also the go-to law firm for one of the country's most prominent alcohol awareness campaigners.
Some examples of our work include:
- providing pro-bono legal advice to a grassroots initiative to promote alcohol-free beverage choices in pubs
- providing full-service legal support - from human resource issues to data protection to trade mark prosecution to anti-cybersquatting - to one of the UK's most beloved snack and beverage producers
- advising one of the world's largest spirits houses in respect of its worldwide advertising and marketing initiatives, including its sponsorship arrangements and celebrity endorsements
- advising a number of new and emerging food, wine, spirits and beer brands on logistics, distribution, brand clearance and IP budget management, ensuring smooth and affordable pathways to international growth
- advising one of the UK's most well-known luxury retailers on a number of issues relating to its own-brand food and beverage products