Employment issues in Retail
We recognise that your increasingly diverse and transient workforce, together with constant technological change, means that issues affecting your business may be very different to those affecting businesses in other sectors.
We have specialist employment, immigration and reward lawyers who have extensive experience of advising businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sector. Our lawyers provide pragmatic and solutions-focussed advice for the issue at hand, whether it relates to the shop floor, front of house or the boardroom. Our team supports businesses like yours on all issues that affect this sector including:
- the use of zero hours contracts, part time and flexible working arrangements
- national minimum wage ("NMW") and national living wage
- changing terms and conditions (including in situations where there is a recognised trade union)
- discrimination, diversity, family rights and equal pay
- modern slavery statements and policies
- performance management and dismissals
- employee incentive schemes, in light of multi-channel retail
- collective redundancies
- business immigration and global mobility
As well as providing day to day legal advice, we provide training tailored to your sector including discussion forums and workshops on hot topics, mediation training and mock employment tribunals.
More like this:
Ask About... Retail, Fashion & Hospitality19 December 2016
Many of our clients in the retail, fashion and hospitality sector face similar HR issues. Each month one of the members of our team will identify an issue, ask how you would deal with it and provide our advice. This month we asked Lisa...