Recognising that clients need access to lawyers who understand their local issues but who can operate across borders, the Russian speaking lawyers at Lewis Silkin have established a Russian Desk, able to assist those also Baltic, CIS, Georgia and Ukraine based.
This brings together a team of lawyers who have a mix of legal, commercial and language skills and who understand the challenges that clients from these regions face.
Our Russian Desk comprises of UK qualified lawyers from different departments of the firm who can communicate with the clients in Russian and who can review Russian language documents (saving Lewis Silkin clients time and costs on having to prepare formal translations).
Russian Desk members are present across most of Lewis Silkin practice groups and can advise clients on the following issues:
- brands & intellectual property
Russian Desk members also get involved in case managing and client communication where the need for the Russian language skills (and some other CIS languages) emerge across other Lewis Silkin practice areas.
- Maria Puzitskaya - qualified in Russia and the UK. Maria is a consultant to the Brands and IP group and heads up Lewis Silkin's Russian Desk
- Daria Evdokimova - from St Petersburg. Advises on and a variety of corporate transactions, directors' duties and corporate governance issues
- Diana Okoeva, a qualified lawyer in Armenia, New York, England and Wales. Diana worked in the Armenian government and is fluent in both Russian and Armenian. Diana advises on US Immigration and is the only Russian speaker US Immigration practitioner in London
- Harriet Raybould, a qualified UK litigator, Harriet studies Russian. Harriet provides advice on contentious matters and was recently involved in advising a client on enforcement of a Lithuanian court injunction in the UK
- Parvin Iman, a paralegal in the Immigration and Global Mobility department. She is fluent in both Russian and Azerbaijani languages. Parvin assists with all aspects of UK immigration law and works both with private individuals and corporate clients